Huit faits aléatoires sur moiPosted: December 1, 2007
Shefaly has tagged me. So, here I am, dutifully obeying her command.
Eight Random Facts About Me
1. My brain is like a GPS Navigator. Usually, all I need to know is the direction of a particular place (as in, North, South, East or West) and I manage to get there even though the city might be completely new to me. Also, I never forget a particular road if I’ve ever traveled through it. Years down the line, I can recall any person’s house in details even though I might have been there only once, for a couple of minutes.
2. I have a very large ear-ring collection. People hardly ever see me repeating them. I aspire to have the world’s largest collection of ear-rings
3. I change between being an introvert and an extrovert depending upon the situation. Professionally, I would label myself as an extrovert. I don’t have a problem talking about stuff that are related to my work. But I try my best to avoid parties and other social gatherings, where I wear my introverted cap very often.
4. As a kid, I was brought up to believe that eating meat is is a bad thing to do. Today, I still don’t eat meat, but that’s because of the fact that eating veggies is a healthier choice and helps me remain fit. I can’t bring myself to put a ‘dead’ thing into my mouth. I get weird looks quite often when I ask a server to replace the meat with beans or something like that. And I totally dislike it when people ask me “You don’t even eat fish?” As if fish grow on trees.
When I was seven or eight years old, my mom gave me Rs. 10 to buy a loaf of bread, that used to cost Rs. 5. I ran to the neighborhood store and bought it…but I also bought a bar of chocolate called “Bar One” for Rs. 5 and ate it on my way back home. It was only 7:15 am. Naturally, my mom asked me to give her the change. I made a sober face and said that the shopkeeper never gave me any change. Mom got really angry thinking that the shopkeeper had cheated me and asked me to go back and get the change. Umm…obviously, I had to tell the truth now. So, I went back to the shop and came back, pretending all the time. When I finally told my mom the truth, she was really amused and asked me, “But where’s the chocolate?”. I said, “Woh toh kha liya! ” (Already ate it). Mom started laughing and told me that it’s okay to buy a chocolate, but never to lie again. That might be a reason why I can never bring myself to lie.
5. I like eating everything uncooked- Maggi, Dal, Rice…you name it.
6. I used to be an ardent fan of Shah Rukh Khan as a kid and had three life size posters in my room. But that was because my mom was a bigger fan and she bought them for me.
7. I’m still very confused about my career and I don’t know what I’m good at. My ‘specialty’ keeps changing. As a kid, I was very good with drawing, mathematics and playing synthesizer (something that I’m still good at). Then, I discovered my passion for law and felt that I’m meant to be a lawyer. And now, I’m doing Finance and feel that Investment Banking is my real calling. I don’t know what’ll come next.
The first thing that I do every morning is switch on my laptop…even before brushing my teeth.
Blogged with Flock