Lots of heated discussions took place in the previous post “A Simple Question“. The general trend in the comments section was something like this-
People who have self-hosted blogs could mostly see the positive in shifting. They pointed out various advantages like –
1. Total control and being your own boss
3. Lots of plug ins, themes and other frills
4. Learning something new
On the other hand, others who have free blogs at WP.com gave me some good points that made me want to stay back-
1. WP.com has an amazing blogging community
2. No tension of back ups or down time
3. More time to write instead of coding
4. Since I recently bought the CSS upgrade, I should make use of it
5. Domain mapping should solve the URL problem and pave the path for a smoother move to self-hosting.
I’m one of those types who takes a lot of impulsive decisions, unfortunately. I’m also quite adventurous and love to test new waters (sorry for the cliche). Behind your backs, I’ve also been playing with self-hosting and registered for a domain for this blog. I know that I won’t rest in peace unless and until I conquer my next distraction, that is, self-hosting.
So, I think I was ready to move! And sorry for giving you guys another shock. Thank You! All discussions should henceforth take place in my new pad. Iam trying to fix a couple of things here. But the majority of stuff have been taken care of.
Some of the recent comments in the post “A Simple Question” have not yet been imported, because WP.com hasn’t yet generated the back up. I’ll sort those out as soon as I get the time.
Edit: Ashish, Cat and Ish: I replied to your comments in the post “A Simple Question” on my old blog and closed the comments section. Any further discussions on that post can take place here.