Nita had tagged me to do a meme on movies. I love watching movies and this tag gave me an opportunity to talk about them. So here are my top 10 movie quirks!
1. I can’t watch chick flicks and other movies without any ‘real’ content. Some of them would be Little Miss Sunshine (tops my list of Worst Movies of all Times), The Holiday, Legally Blonde etc.
2. I don’t like discussing movies with people who are fans of Bollywood movies, because I honestly feel that Bollywood stuff are really amateurish and people need to see good stuff to realize how bad the Bollywood movies are. Even though I’ve written about Bollywood movies/music albums, I’ve done so because of the hype and as a way of letting others know about my view point. I’m not really interesting in debating the merits/demerits of a typical Bollywood movie. It wears/bores me completely.
3. I seldom watch new movies. Most of the movies that I watch are at the very least a couple of months old. There was a time when I had to watch every new movie that was released. Luckily, after wasting lots of money and time on utterly horrible movies, I’ve changed drastically.
4. Movie watching is a very serious activity for me. I’m almost narcissistic about it and don’t watch movies just because someone recommended them to me. I heavily rely on the reviews left by (like minded) Netflix users to short list movies that I would want to watch. And language is no bar, of course…as long as there are English subtitles.
5. Because of points #3 and #4, most of my movie watching is done on a television set. Most of the movies that I watch/want to watch are not released in theaters in the US (in case they are international), or are too old to be running. But I must confess that I do enjoy watching movies on the big screen. Who doesn’t? 🙂
6. I stop munching popcorn during a movie because the noise gets too loud for me and makes it difficult for me to listen to the dialogues.
7. Gael Garcia Bernal is my new found obsession. I like everything about him- his looks, his acting, his…never mind.
8. Funnily, I’ve never been to a film festival. I really want to go to a nice one sometime soon.
9. I only watch movies with people who share similar tastes with me. Nothing is more annoying than watching a movie with a person whose views conflict with mine.
10. That said, I find it difficult to watch movies alone. 🙂 It’s not like movie watching is picnic for me; still, I prefer having some company.
I can only think of these people to tag- Prestidigitator, Indisch, Canadian Cinephile, lallopallo– because I know that they love watching movies. Anyone else who wants to do this meme is welcome to do so.