I had registered for Timeandagainblog.com through globat.com this January, 2008. I never received any renewal notice from them. I did receive an email two days back, informing me that my credit card has been charged $14.95 for the renewal of my domain. My domain was supposed to expire on January 4th, 2009. Well…there is a slight problem. I didn’t plan to renew this domain because I don’t need it anymore. I have been fighting with them since 3 days. I told them that I shouldn’t be paying for the renewal because I never received any notice. 😦 3 days, lots of wasted hours…and my money’s still with them. I’m going to file a dispute claim through my credit card company, Chase.
My Custom CSS upgrade expires on 12-28-2008 and I don’t plan to renew it. Why? Lots of reasons.
1. I’m not using WordPress.com much- I’m bored of the blogging community here. WP.com is not as flexible as Tumblr. I feel forced into writing long posts. I don’t feel like I have the freedom of expressing myself here anymore. It’s just not the same. With the amount of time I have these days, I am not sure if I want to go through so much of hassle. Posting/commenting on Tumblr/Twitter is far easier.
2. Because of #1, I’m not sure $15/year is justified. It’s not much at all. But only playing around with CSS is not enough. I want to muck around with the HTML too. 😐 I’m a curious soul.
3. I still think domain mapping should be free of charge. Yeah yeah yeah…might be a WordPress business model. But WTF- I don’t think I should be paying for it. They make a lot of money anyways!
3. Recession time- I should dress down my blog too. 😛
4. Globat.com cheated me. And I have to pay for 3 other domains that I own.